What exactly is IU EDP? For 53 years the Indiana University Executive Development Program has assisted park and relaxation specialists during the neighborhood, state and nationwide degree who will be in the front line, administration, and leadership positions build and fortify the fundamental abilities had a need to handle and lead in a general public and non-profit environment.
IU EDP is arranged around a two year curriculum centering on leadership and administration ability development. The curriculum is reviewed annually by the IU EDP board of Trustees who are past program graduates to continually offer cutting edge education opportunities.
IU EDP sessions are more than many comparable education that is continuing. Many course lengths are 3.25 hours. This longer course period enables for an in-depth conversation of the specific subject and for greater sharing among individuals. Over 17.5 hours of expert instruction!
The business enterprise of Parks and Recreation Each interactive EDP session will not merely deal with essential problems that face experts, but company subjects that effect divisions is likely to be talked about too.
EDP Alumni choice: Graduates for the 2 IU EDP are invited to return https://www.datingmentor.org/nl/beautifulpeople-overzicht to the program year.
IU EDP Alumni can make 2.0 CEUs by going to the program that is full. Reconnect with EDP by networking with park and relaxation experts from through the entire national nation and discover one thing brand brand new. To get more details contact Julie Knapp at email@example.com.
The Campus of Indiana University IU EDP is found in the campus of Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana. Bloomington is 60 minutes south of Indianapolis and it is close to major urban centers such as Chicago, St. Louis, Louisville, Indianapolis, and Cincinnati. Air transport can be obtained through the Indianapolis airport that is serviced by a number of major companies. An airport shuttle solution can be acquired through the Indianapolis airport to Indiana University via Go Express Travel. Phone 800-589-6004 to find out more.
Why is IU EDP unique?
- IU EDP may be the initial Executive developing Program dating back into 1967 and possesses founded a solid dedication to the profession, and it has a track record of quality in the field of parks and activity.
- IU EDP trainers result from from coast to coast to create a perspective that is fresh individuals. All teachers get one part of common- a long time of experience into the areas and activity occupation.
- IU EDP thinks that course size possesses direct impact on learning, therefore classes are held to a optimum size of 40 individuals.
- One of many essential renters of IU EDP could be the building of lasting relationships among participants. Networking possibilities certainly are a concern.
- Over 1,700 specialists have actually finished the IU EDP system.
- Finally, we commit ourselves for your requirements, the recreation and park expert, that will help you are more effective in your career.
Who should go to IU EDP? this system is actually for folks who are when you look at the areas and fun career at any degree.
The 2018 and 2019 classes included practitioners from:
- Municipal agencies and/or State Parks in Alabama, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, ny, vermont, Ohio, Pennsylvania, sc, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Wisconsin
- Non-profit businesses, and
- Elected town officials
- People in management generally, leadership or board roles may benefit from IU EDP.
away from course possibilities many different away from course possibilities can be obtained during EDP such as for example trips of IU sport facilities, Brown County State Park night trip and supper, and Switchyard Park. These tasks will give you individuals with a chance to get to know classmates in a non-structured environment. Casual optional team supper outings may also be planned for Monday and Tuesday evening.